Thursday, March 21, 2013

New York State of Mind


I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!


We are headed to New York City in August! It's official! My mom, sister-in-law and I are taking a girls' weekend to the Big Apple. I have been dying to go to New York for most of my life, so this is a bit of a dream come true for me. This city even made a believer out of the harshest of critics (my mom) when she visited a few years ago on a business trip with my dad. She was convinced she would hate it and the entire experience. Now, she is in love! I can't wait to go the city that is the setting for so many of my favorite movies and shows.

We have lots of plans of what we want to do once we are there. For sure we want to see many of the landmarks like Central Park, Times Square, Ground Zero, the Statue of Liberty and possibly Rockefeller Center. We also plan to see Cinderella on Broadway. The real Broadway?!! AGH! For a girl from middle of nowhere Louisiana, this is a big deal!!

I was talking to my mom and telling her how I could have seen myself living there in different lifetime. Had I taken a different path in life I could have been that crazy New Yorker, head over heels in love with the city and never wanting to leave. I could have seen myself working in a career there (who knows what..the possibilities are endless) and living in a tiny apartment that I loved. I think I made the right choice for my life path, but in another world I could have been happy somewhere like that.

I will definitely blog about our trip when we return so stay tuned! Meanwhile, you will just get the in's and out's of my normal, not so glamorous life here.

No comments:

Post a Comment